- Patricia Prelock, Ph.D., presents "Innovations in Theory of Mind Assessment and Intervention for Children with ASD" on December 12, 2014. Save the date!
- October 3, 2014:"Who are our Learners? Applying Brain Research to Student Learner Outcomes" - Capitol Plaza, Montpelier, VT
- September 25-26, 2014: "Orientation to Special Education" - For new special educators, special educators new to VT, parent advocates, administrators - Capitol Plaza, Montpelier, VT
- NEW: Middle School Endorsement Program - Registration now open.
- SAVE THE DATES! Art Cernosia, Esq. - "Legal Update for VT School Administrators" - 11/10/14, "Special Education Law Update" - 10/6/14 - Capitol Plaza, Montpelier, VT - Registration now open.
Register online for a
VT-HEC Course or Event:
Receive Email Updates about
VT-HEC Events and Courses:
Learn more about
What We Do
The Vermont-Higher Education Collaborate (VT-HEC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to addressing the critical personnel, training and support needs involved with the education of all children and youth. We are working to put into practice effective long-term professional development and school supports that result in the application of new knowledge and skills and improved educational practice.
VT-HEC offers coursework and workshops needed for licensing or certificates in: Special Education, Early Childhood and Early Childhood Special Education, Driver Education, Health Education, Autism and Behavior Specialists. Through our program Teaching All Secondary Students (TASS), we directly support middle and secondary school teachers and administrators in their effort to transform their school systems. Our Brain, Mind, and Education program offers opportunities for educators and others to learn and apply the principles of research on the brain and learning.