Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
- 1/29/16: "Beyond the Disability Diagnosis: Specific Learning Disability" Download flyer
- 2/12/16: "Using Technology to Assist the Struggling Learner: Intervention for Writing" Download flyer
- 3/10/16: "Getting to (and Surviving) Standards-Based Grading" Download flyer
- 3/11/16: "Beyond the Disability Diagnosis: Emotional/Behavioral" Download flyer
- 3/18/16: "Smart but Scattered: Executive Dysfunction at Home and at School" Download flyer
- 3/25/16: "Using Technology to Assist the Struggling Learner: Intervention for Math and Organization" Download flyer
- 3/25/16: "Save the Date. 24th Annual Kindergarten Conference." Download flyer
- 3/28/16: "Tips and Tools for the Early Childhood Special Educator (EEE)" Download flyer
- 4/8/16: "Beyond the Disability Diagnosis: Intensive Needs" Download flyer
- 4/14/16 & 4/15/16: "Cognitive Profile Analysis: Advanced Assessment Topics" Download flyer
- 5/3/16: "Teaming - the HEART of Middle School" Download flyer
- 5/4/16: "Data Tools to Keep You in Sync with Your Students" Download flyer
- 5/12/16: "Co-Teaching" Download flyer
Search for Current Offerings and Register Now!:
Get an Overview of Our Program Areas, Including Course Descriptions:
Receive Periodic Updates about Upcoming Offerings:
Make a Tax-Deductible Contribution to Support our Work:
Celebrating 15 Years Supporting Quality Education for All
VT-HEC is a non-profit formed in 2000 with the mission of addressing personnel and training needs related to improving education outcomes for all students. We accomplish this by gathering together organizations and experts in a variety of areas to collaborate in the design and delivery of comprehensive, long-term and coherent programs of professional learning opportunities and school supports.
We focus our efforts on addressing areas that are of critical importance and high need such as Early Childhood, Special Education and low-incidence disability areas such as Autism Spectrum Disorders. Through our TASS program (Teaching All Secondary Students), we also provide embedded coaching and leadership support to middle and secondary schools in their efforts to improve.
In 2010 VT-HEC became an independent non-profit and in the last few years we have had to sustain the organization on a decreasing amount of state support. For FY16, VT-HEC will receive no funding from the Vermont Agency of Education. We will be completely dependent on the revenue we can generate from participation in our offerings and through donations. You can help support VT-HEC's important work by attending our offerings, sharing our schedule with others or making a tax-deductible donation. Donations can be targeted to specific programs or made to the support our general efforts. You can make a donation today by clicking on the donation tab on this page.