Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
- New Pathways to Licensure Opportunities in Special Education, Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Educator (EC/ECSE) & Middle School View Details
- 7/7/16 & 7/8/16: Leadership Through Social Media - 2 day workshop More info...
- 7/12/16 - 7/14/16: A Framework for Applying Structured Teaching Across the School Day: For Students with ASD and other Similar Learners More info...
- 8/8/16 - 8/12/16 and 10/8/16: Integrating Google Tools to Make Your Teaching More Effective (includes a Chromebook) - 3 credit graduate course More info...
On the Drawing Board for 2016-2017
- Fall 2016: "Trauma and the Lingering Effects in the Classroom - 2 day workshop"
- 10/28/16: "Strategies for Preparing Middle and High School Students, with ASD, for Post-Secondary Life"
- 11/4/16: "Art Cernosia presents Special Education Law Update "
- Fall 2016: "The Math Brain - 2 day workshop"
- Fall 2016: "Make It and Take It: Creating Effective Learning Materials for Young Children with ASD- Series of three workshops"
- Spring 2017: "Reading and the Struggling Learner: Take as a series of workshops or as a 3 credit graduate course"
Celebrating 15 Years Supporting Quality Education for All
VT-HEC is a non-profit formed in 2000 with the mission of addressing personnel and training needs related to improving education outcomes for all students. We accomplish this by gathering together organizations and experts in a variety of areas to collaborate in the design and delivery of comprehensive, long-term and coherent programs of professional learning opportunities and school supports.
We focus our efforts on addressing areas that are of critical importance and high need such as Early Childhood, Special Education and low-incidence disability areas such as Autism Spectrum Disorders. Through our TASS program (Teaching All Secondary Students), we also provide embedded coaching and leadership support to middle and secondary schools in their efforts to improve.