- Employer/Individual Checks: Please pay to VT-HEC, and mail to PO Box 285, Montpelier, VT 05601.
- Credit Card Payments: To make a payment with a credit card, you must do so online by logging into your VT-HEC account. You will see your balance in the top right corner, with an option to “Make a Payment”.
- Purchase Orders: In the event that VT-HEC will not receive payment by the due date, we will accept a Purchase Order from your employer. Purchase orders should be emailed to [email protected]. Please indicate the amount and planned payment date on the PO.
- Invoices: Invoices will be sent to the registered participant within one week of registering, using the email address provided in the participant’s contact information. If your school or employer is paying, it is your responsibility to get this information to the appropriate billing person and ensure payment is made.
- Printing Invoices: To print another invoice at any time, you can log into your VT-HEC account, click on the gear/settings icon in the top right corner, then click the “My Account” button. Scroll to the bottom of your Account page, and open the Invoices tab to view and print an invoice.
- Payment Due Date: All payments are due upon receipt and before the first day of a course or event.
- Discounts: All discounts offered can only be applied at the time of registration. We are not able to apply discounts after registration has been confirmed.
- Past Due Balances: Balances more than 30 days past due are subject to a 12% annual finance charge, applied monthly.
- Offering Costs: The costs for VT-HEC offerings vary depending on program, number of credits, etc. Specific offerings and their costs can be found in Upcoming Events listings, which you can access from our home page. Costs are subject to change at the beginning of new semesters.
Workshops and Webinars:
- Cancellations must be received at least 4 business days before the start of the event by e-mail: [email protected], or by phone: 802-498-3350. No refund will be made for requests received after 4 days prior to the event, except in the case of an emergency.
- We record our virtual offerings in the case that you cannot attend all or part of it. The recording will be available within a few days after the event. You will still receive a Certificate of Attendance for viewing the recording.
- For virtual offerings, if we are unable to hold the event as planned due to unforeseen technical difficulties, we will reschedule. You will receive details about the rescheduled date and time within 48 hours of the cancellation. If you are unable to make the rescheduled time, you will have access to a recorded version of the event.
- In the event that VT-HEC cancels an event, we will contact you as soon as possible and ensure full refund of any payments made.
- If a VT-HEC student chooses to withdraw from a course
- Relative to credit and grade status, all course withdrawals must adhere to the policies and procedures of the institution awarding the credit/grade.
- From the course start date through the first 15% of the course time, a $75 processing fee will be added to the account.
- From 16% to 50% of course time, 50% of tuition is due.
- From 51% until the end of the course, full course tuition is due.
- In the event that VT-HEC cancels a course, we will contact you as soon as possible and ensure full refund of any payments made.
1098-T Tax Information
The 1098-T form is an annual informational document that educational institutions are required to prepare for eligible students. It contains information on qualified tuition and related expenses paid within the calendar year (January-December). You should use the information on the 1098-T in conjunction with your own payment records to complete your individual tax return.
The 1098-T is informational; you are not required to attach IRS Form 1098-T to your tax return. If you have questions about how to use the form, consult a tax professional.
In order to furnish a 1098-T form to you, VT-HEC must must have your complete and accurate mailing address and Social Security Number (SSN) or Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN). Per IRS section 6109, failure to provide a correct SSN or TIN may result in a penalty from the IRS to you. If requested by VT-HEC, please complete the IRS Form W-9S (Request for Student’s or Borrower’s Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) and mail the completed form to: VT-HEC, PO Box 285, Montpelier, VT, 05601.
VT-HEC must send the 1098-T form to the student by January 31 and file a copy with the IRS by February 28.