The VT-HEC Board of Directors is pleased to announce the addition of two new Board members, Sara Tetzlaf and Casey Murrow.
Sara is the Assistant Principal of the Rutland Town School. Prior to that Sarah spent a number of years as Department Chair and teacher at Rutland HS and Mt. Abe HS in the area of Family and Consumer Science. Sara maintains endorsements in Family & Consumer Sciences, Health Education, Principal and Special Education. Sara completed the VT-HEC Special Education endorsement course sequence on her way to receiving her special education endorsement so has first hand experience with VT-HEC offerings.
Casey is Founder and Executive Director of Synergy Learning International, Inc. An organization based in Brattleboro, VT that focuses on publishing and professional learning in science and math. He is the former Executive Director of the VT Learning Collaborative, a regional professional development organization that served southeast Vermont. Casey has filled many roles in education from teacher in Washington DC to UVM Assistant Professor. He has served as instructor, partner, consultant and Board member in an impressive array of schools, projects and non-profit organizations engaged in community service and education efforts. He is the author of over a dozen publications and many major grant proposals.
Sarah and Casey join the other current members of the VT-HEC Board:
- Vicki Wells – Assistant Superintendent of Student Services for the Addison Central Supervisory Union in Middlebury, VT
- Alicia Lyford – Principal of East Montpelier Elementary School of the Washington Central SU
- David Rice – School & Tutorial Education Coordinator at CH.O.I.C.E Academy, Barre VT. An independent school & treatment program operated by Washington County Mental Health
- Nancy Sugarman – Director of the Vermont Northern Lights Career Development Center for early childhood and after-school professionals
- Laurie Gossens – Superintendent of Washington South SU in Northfield, VT
- Nancy Thomas – former Superintendent of Washington Northeast SU. Nancy is Vice-Chair of the VT-HEC Board
- Andrea Wasson – Co-Director of Transformation in Orange North Supervisory Union. Andrea is the current Chair of the VT-HEC Board