Funding Program Development & Scholarships
The VT-HEC Board of Directors has established the VT-HEC Mission Investment Fund for the purpose of advancing our goal of providing high quality professional learning opportunities that support the success of every Vermont student. The VT-HEC Mission Investment Fund will be focused on developing new professional learning offerings in high need areas and supporting increased access to current VT-HEC offerings by providing a limited number of scholarships or reduced cost offerings.
For 2017- 2018 the Mission Investment Fund will provide professional development worth over $100,000 and will be supporting:
- Partial scholarships for VT-HEC’s Pathway to Licensing Programs including Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education and Special Education. These scholarships will be available to students that have no other financial support for professional development.
- Lowered costs for the Connecting the Dots series of workshops & course focused on Birth to Three and Pre-School children.
- Lowered costs for Registered Behavior Technician training for paraprofessionals and others desiring this content.
- Development of new learning opportunities in the area of Trauma & Anxiety.
- Revision of the VT-HEC Autism Certificate course sequence.
- Participation in the 2018 Castelton University Early Childhood Summer Institute – last summer the VT-HEC donated a course to the 2017 Summer Institute.
- Partial scholarships for VT-HEC workshops. These scholarships will be available to participants that have no other support for professional development.
- Provision of professional development to VT-HEC’s instructors, presenters and staff.
You Can Help…. Please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to help us expand the impact of the VT-HEC Mission Investment Fund so that we can offer support for increased participation in our offerings and develop new programs to meet the most critical professional learning needs in education in Vermont.