Strategies for Paraeducators who Support Students in Writing
This series of four mini-workshops is designed to support paraeducators who work with students using the writing workshop model of instruction.
- Examine and understand best practices in writing workshop instruction that support students in their classrooms.
- Understand the similarities and differences between the three main genres of writing – narrative, informational, and opinion/argument.
- Practice modeling writing for students.
- Understand how rubrics and checklists are used as tools to guide students.
- Understand how mentor texts are used to encourage, support, and engage students in writing.
- Have opportunities to ask questions and explore answers in regard to supporting students with their writing.