with Jennifer Patenaude, M.A.
This two-day workshop is designed for beginning special educators and special educators new to VT. We will review the special education process (K-21), support greater participant understanding of each step, and respond to questions that each step elicits. Participants will build an understanding of:
- Criteria for determining disability and associated impact on learning
- Criteria for identifying evidence of adverse effect upon educational performance across basic skill areas
- Need for Special Education – what makes it special?
- Determining present levels of educational and functional performance
- Accommodations and modifications – ensuring access to general education
- Service delivery models
- Data collection
- Effective meeting facilitation tips and strategies