VT-HEC turns 20 this year having been formed in the spring of 2000 with a course sequence pathway to Special Educator endorsement. Since that time VT-HEC has expanded its licensing pathways to include Early Childhood and Health Educator, provided support for secondary improvement and delivered many workshops and series covering a wide array of topics. Over the past two years we have offered more than 140 days of workshops and over 80 graduate courses in areas ranging from trauma to autism to early childhood STEM. For our 20th year VT-HEC will be offering well over 20 days of NEW learning opportunities including:
- Work-Based Learning Coordinator – sequence of graduate courses covering the endorsement competencies.
- 2nd Equity Series: From Equity Awareness to Equity Action: Instituting Educational Justice in Vermont Schools & Communities including:
- 3 free webinars introducing the Equity Literacy Framework and how to use it to reduce inequities in our schools.
- 4 topical workshop days at reduced cost titled:
- Equitably Connecting with and Serving Refugee Students and Families
- Girls, Women, and the Persistence of Gender Oppression
- Ridding Schools of Racism: From Equity Optics to Equity Action
- An Economic Justice Approach to Eliminating Socioeconomic Inequities in Schools
- Educating for Equity: A 3-credit graduate course on putting it all together in your setting
- Introduction to Autism – 2 workshops and graduate course
- Universal Design for Learning – Series with Jen Pantenaude
- Targeting Socialization, Organization & Problem Solving for Students with Autism – Executive Functioning with Danielle Kent
- Proficiency-Based IEP Development and Progress Monitoring – Series with Jen Patenaude
- Let’s Talk About It: Strategies for Engaging Students in Purposeful Classroom Discussions – with Kathy Christy
Stay-tuned for the more than 60 workshops and 40 courses we will be offering as part of our 20th year at vthec.org.